12.22.2007

Modulation

It's been a great two weeks. For various reasons. And I hardly touched the viola!

I went for many walks.
I played a lot of Scrabulous (and still terrible at it).
I listened to many non-classical recordings.
I threw many virtual snowballs on Facebook. And updated incessantly.
And communicated with old friends again...

It was all splendid fun. All the snowstorms seemed to make the entire month festive since all routines were tossed aside. And it will continue throughout the next week for the holidays. Wonderful...

And yet my mind turns to the new task(s) at hand. Today I added the Janacek to my mp3 player so that I can listen to it while walking. (For some reason Windows Media Player with my player puts all track ones together, twos and so on. Janacek choral music makes an interesting mix with Erasure, BNL, and Queen. Hmmm.)

And the upcoming project is taking shape. Maybe I will give just a tiny hint. I have been feeling lately that my technique is shallow. That when I learned pieces in the past, I would learn the techniques along with the piece. I've really never studied something other than pieces in great detail. I want to approach things a little differently this coming year. To give some depth and security. And fill in the gaps.

See you in the new year! All will be revealed then...

1 comment:

cellodonna said...

I love walking in the winter too. Enjoy the "wonderland."